Consultation open for improving standards for refractive surgery in the UK
18 May 2016
The College has published consultation documents aimed at improving standards for the practice of refractive surgery in the UK. This is in response to the Keogh Report and we encourage you to have your say and comment on the draft:
- Standards for Patient Information and Consent
- Advertising and Marketing Standards
- Procedure specific information for patients; Patient Information Refractive Lens Exchange, Patient Information Phakic Intraocular Lens Implantation, Patient Information Laser Vision Correction, Patient Information References.
The College is specifically interested in comments on
- the comprehensiveness and applicability of the documents
- the content and content and clarity of the documents and their suitability for different environments
- whether the advice looks straightforward and is usable by service providers and service users
- the interpretation of the evidence available to support its recommendations
- the likely impact on patient groups affected by the standards
- the likely impact / ability of service providers to implement the recommendations
- do the standards achieve their intended aim(s)
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 June 2016.