£3.5million funding available from the Health Foundation
7 April 2017
The Health Foundation, an independent charity committed to bringing about better health and health care in the UK, has £3.5 million funding available for up to seven teams under their Scaling Up Improvement programme which supports project teams to take successful health care interventions or approaches and deliver them at scale, to improve health services in the UK.
The deadline for applications is 12:00 noon, on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Scaling Up Improvement
Scaling Up Improvement supports teams to take successful health care interventions or approaches and deliver them at scale, to improve health care in the UK. We will support up to seven projects that aim to scale and spread tested interventions or approaches to improve the delivery of healthcare services. Projects must be able to make improvements at scale at care pathway, health board, clinical network, organisational, regional or national levels. Your project should result in direct impact on patient outcomes within the timescale of the programme.
Due to the range of skills and experience required to deliver an improvement project of this scale, the Health Foundation expects a number of organisations will need to work together in partnership to deliver a successful project.
Benefits for your project team
- Funding of up to £500,000 for each of the successful projects.
- Protected time to implement an improvement project.
- Opportunities to tap into improvement expertise and tailored coaching support.
- Opportunities to deepen knowledge about evaluation of improvement interventions and the process of adoption and spread.
- Opportunities to connect with other project teams, to strengthen existing networks and develop new networks.
- Opportunities to be seen as leaders in health care improvement and to showcase work to a variety of key stakeholders.
We welcome applications from any health care or health and social care provider organisation in the UK where NHS services are delivered free at the point of delivery. We are also happy to receive applications from organisations with ability to reach and engage health care audiences and capacity to promote, spread and embed change across NHS through partnership working, such as clinical commissioning groups, health boards, patient safety collaboratives, royal colleges, academic health science networks, and voluntary sector organisations. Organisations will have to partner with one or more NHS provider organisations and ensure that improvement takes place within the provider organisation(s).
Find out more and apply: www.health.org.uk/scalingup