2018 Clinical Excellence Awards
10 January 2018
The 2017 Clinical Excellence Awards Round results were announced in late December 2017. ACCEA have now announced that the 2018 round will open on Tuesday 13 February 2018 and will close at 1700 hours on Thursday 12 April 2018.
Consultants in England and Wales who wish to apply for a National Award are advised to begin preparations now. For reference, the 2017 application guide is available on the ACCEA site:
and on the members’ area of the website.
Emails will be sent to all Consultants in England and Wales this week.
The Awards remain extremely competitive and the College, as a Nominating Body, is only permitted to support a very limited number of applications in each category. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining College support you should not be discouraged from making an application as those with strong Trust support have been successful in previous years.
The message is again stark:
- Competition for awards is fierce
- The College can only support a limited number of applications and, to date, requests for support has always exceeded our quota
- All domains should be completed
- Final decisions are made by non-ophthalmologists and applicants should avoid jargon
- It is up to you to ask a colleague to provide a citation for you should you be successful in gaining College support
The ACCEA intends to publish successful applications (personal details to be redacted) in future.
Applicants who wish to apply for College support MUST submit their application to: Jo.firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 0900 hours on Tuesday, 06 March 2018 at the latest.