Visit COVID-19 resources

[Skip to Content]

Christopher Liu receives OBE in recognition of services to ophthalmology

4 January 2018

Professor Christopher Liu has been appointed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for Services to Ophthalmology.

Christopher Liu is senior Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Sussex Eye Hospital in Brighton.  He has served as a consultant there for over twenty-two years.  More recently he was appointed Honorary Clinical Professor at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School.  His contributions are clinical, in research and development, teaching, medical leadership and governance.

Christopher said, “I am overjoyed with being appointed OBE and humbly accept the honour bestowed upon me on behalf of my team, my teachers, my colleagues, my many fellows and students, and my family.”

Christopher has served in a variety of important roles with The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, including a member of the RCOphth Council and more recently as a Trustee.

The College is delighted to have one of our members appointed for an OBE in recognition of services to ophthalmology.