New RCOphth committee appointments
19 November 2020
New Education Committee Appointments
Following a recent round of interviews the following members have been appointed to the RCOphth Education Committee:
- GPs and Other Specialities Lead: Miss Rajni Jain
- Mentoring and Buddying Lead: Miss Rahila Zakir
- Mid-Career and Senior Ophthalmologists Lead: Miss Andrena McElvanney
They will work with other committee members to expand the RCOphth Educational Programme, and with the Regional Teams to cascade learning to our members and others. They will also contribute to wider College issues such as community links, well being and personal support.
New Training The Trainers (TTT) Appointments
Interviews took place for a number of roles on the Training The Trainers Subcommittee and the following members were appointed:
- Chair of Training the Trainers Sub-Committee: Mrs Cordelia McKechnie
- TTT Sub-Committee member: Miss Ourania Frangouli
- TTT Sub-Committee member: Mr David Yorston
- Ophthalmic Practitioner Training Lead: Robert Barry
- Examiner Training Lead: Rehna Khan
These appointments will help to deliver TTT for all grades of ophthalmologists from trainees to Advanced Trainers and Educators and also non-medical professionals; and will be instrumental in developing a new course specifically for Surgical Supervisors.
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists would like to congratulate the successful applicants, and thank everyone who applied as there was a very impressive field from which to appoint.
Chair, Education Committee