We are recruiting a Staff and Associate Specialist (SAS) Ophthalmologists Group Chair
10 June 2021
The Staff and Associate Specialist (SAS) Ophthalmologists Group (SAS Group) is an integral to the work of the College supporting members in Staff Grade, Associate Specialist, Specialty Doctor (SAS) and other non-consultant non-training grades. It has a voice on all major College Committees to represent SAS ophthalmologists’ opinions to the College.
About the role
Lead the RCOphth’s SAS Committee continuing and expanding on the Committee’s success in raising and addressing concerns of SAS ophthalmologists.
This is an exciting time to be chairing the Staff and Associate Specialist (SAS) Ophthalmologists Group. You will play a key role in:
- promoting RCOphth support and opportunities for continued professional development for SAS doctors
- autonomous working
- opportunities for training and career progression, through the CESR application route
- working with the Training Committee to support expansion of Ophthalmic Local Training Schemes
- help to embed the National Framework for SAS doctors’ professional development document and SAS Ophthalmologists: supporting a key workforce action plan following the SAS survey recommendations.
As the new Chair you will have the opportunity to chair an active and effective committee of SAS members, contribute to the delivery of RCOphth strategy working with key RCOphth committees and the staff team.
You will also work with the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges’ Staff and Associate Specialist Doctors Committee which brings together SAS representatives from all Colleges and Faculties to exchange information and share good practice, promotes development of SAS doctors, gives a voice to SAS doctors regarding wider issues in healthcare and promotes a positive profile for SAS doctors.
- Application Pack Chair SAS Committee
- Staff and Associate Specialist Ophthalmologists (SAS) Group – Terms of Reference
- SAS Chair Application Form
- RCOphth Declaration of Interest Form
Deadline for applications: Friday 9 July 2021- 17:00
Please return the application form and declaration of interest form to Laurelle Bygrave.
Date: Thursday 5th August 2021, PM
Address: The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 18 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HD
If you would like more information, please contact Laurelle Bygrave.