Apply to be the Clinical Leads Chair and make an impact on eye care services
16 September 2021
This forum is a way for ophthalmology unit clinical leads to liaise and discuss service delivery issues, successes, challenges and opportunities. It is one of the key engagement mechanism between the RCOphth and those responsible for the delivery of services in the UK and acts as a two-way communication and learning resources.
‘The Clinical Leads Forum is vital for keeping the College well-informed of developments in service delivery and problems being faced in units across the 4 nations. The College regularly utilises the expertise within the forum and the Chair of the forum is involved in the development of guidance and educational material which support our members in maintaining high quality eye care service.
This is a great role for someone who wants to make an impact on eye care services and support fellow leads in delivering the best services possible. ‘ Bill Newman, Chair of Professional Standards Committee.
More about the role
As Chair, you will provide leadership of the Clinical Leads Forum supporting ophthalmic clinical leads in their roles. This includes:
- Active contribution to new or posted topics on the clinical leads forum online discussion group.
- Organising the Clinical Leads Forum meeting at least annually.
- Supporting development of educational and guidance resources for clinical leads where these have been identified as needed.
- Providing mutual support, communication and advice for clinical leads, mainly via the online clinical leads forum discussion group.
- Supporting clinical leadership seminars and sessions at the RCOphth Annual Congress.
- Providing advice and responses to queries for the RCOphth, College officers andnchairs and externally on issues of clinical leadership in ophthalmology as required.
- Reviewing documents and guidance for the College which require a clinical leadership perspective.
- Supporting the NOD so that ophthalmologists and provider organisation have the ability to benchmark themselves and improve the safety of services.
Deadline for applications: 30 September
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com