|(What the ophthalmologist is able to do)|
|To perform surgical and laser skills|
Ocular and adnexal trauma
- Perform surgical repair of ocular and adnexal tissues, including the cornea, sclera, eyelids and conjunctiva.
- Understand the principles of canalicular repair.
- Adapt your technique according to pre-operative findings.
- Manage intra-operative and post-operative complications.
- Recognise when subspecialist assistance is required, ensuring prompt onward referral when necessary.
- Maximise your exposure to ocular trauma management and develop transferable skills for trauma repair.
- Understand the generic principles of surgical repair.
- Take full advantage of training opportunities to learn suturing in elective, simulated and trauma situations.
- Ensure you are readily available for on-call duties.
OSATS1 Portfolio Part 2 FRCOphth
Target Year of Achievement
Related Learning Outcomes